Aristotle Armstrong

Aristotle Armstrong
The thrawn, alternative voice of Scottish Rugby

Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Johnson Must Be Taking The Piss

I HAVE just looked at the Scotland XV to face Italy on Saturday - I predict a disaster.
 
I am now firmly of the opinion that Johnson is taking the piss; selectorial hokey-cokey with his in-out-shake it all about.
 
No complaint about Ross Ford being dropped, that may focus his mind when he gets on, but, I still feel, under the new scrummage laws and notwithstanding Ross's greater bulk, Pat McArthur is the better hooking option, particularly when it comes to defence round the breakdown.
 
No complaints about the name Gray being back in the team sheet, except, I think he's promoted the wrong one. Did Johnson not see young Jonny's marvellous performance against Cardiff?
 
I can only assume Ross Ford has handed over the compromising pictures of Johnson to Jim Hamilton, to keep him in the team. Selectorially, Hamilton's tea's been oot for a while now.
 
I am not a Denton fan, I reckon Johnny Beattie is the better number eight, so, no complaints there, but, I still maintain, until the McLay matter is adequately sorted-out, Wilson should be on gardening leave.
 
I'd have Cus at scrum-half, and, while I'm on the subject, not too-enamoured of his decision to move to Sale. Given the time he was out injured, I think he owes Glasgow another season. That said, we have to play a bit of front foot rugby and we've more chance of that with him rather than Laidlaw at nine.
 
I will be cheering the boys on, but: forward tho' ah canna see, ah guess and fear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment