I HATE Sky, or
maybe it's the format I used, but, whatever; I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY.
As I explained yesterday with the Australia v
Scotland Test in Sydney only being available live on Sky Sports 1, I
was forced to take-out a day pass to watch the game. At £6.98, I
felt this was reasonable, however, since I watch my TV on a BT box –
I could not view the game on my TV, I had to use my lap top.
Got the link, signed-in, up came the page, with the
wee box: “Activate Pass” it said, so I did. The background
picture, of John Barclay breaking against Italy vanished, up came a
separate box:“Activate Pass” it said, so I did.
That page vanished – I was back to Barclay, again,
up came the wee box: “Activate Pass” it said, so I did.
Once more, the Scotland captain vanished, that
separate wee box came back up: “Activate Pass” it said, so I did.
You see where I am going now. With steam
frustratingly coming out of my ears, I looked for alternatives. But,
the Help desk didn't open until 8am. So, I had to listen to the BBC
Scotland radio broadcast of the game – with Paul Mitchell, Peter
Wright and Colin Gregor in Pacific Quay, and a link to Tom English
in Sydney. This was hardly ideal, since I was looking forward to the
TV pictures, but, to be fair, the BBC Scotland team, as ever, did a
great job.
Wayne Barnes - will not be sending Peter Wright a Christmas card
Peter Wright is one of the best summarisers going in
my book. Like Brian Moore – happily back on-screens on Saturday
night, he tells it like he sees it, which is great. I don't however,
think Oor Peter will be on Wayne Barnes's Christmas Card list. It
seemed to me, Scotland does not figure in Wayne's World – but, I've
long thought this.
Anyway, we won, which was brilliant, and, I thought
we deserved to win. Just a pity about the failure to launch of Sky.
I managed to get some help before the Maori All
Blacks v Lions game, but, even after downloading a TV viewing app –
the broadcast was all but unwatchable on my lap top. A frustratingly
stupidly, very-annoying morning.
One final thought. After this victory, we are
officially, the fifth-best team in the world. Next up is Fiji. This
is Scotland we are talking about – why am I suddenly worried?
WARREN Gatland
is a tosser. There is no other conclusion I can come to, after his
latest bout of team selection. I have no complaints abour Finn
Russell being summoned to join the Lions, anyone who knows anything
about rugby knows, he should have been an original selection.
Finn Russell - now a Lion, better late than never
I am a bit surprised at Allan Dell getting the call.
Yes, I admit, young Allan has come-on in leaps and bounds over the
past two seasons, but, I still do not think him to be Lions' Class.
That said, he is closer to international class than any of the Welsh
players whom Gatland has recruited to his battered and bruised squad.
I am only surprised Charlotte Church, Cerys Matthews, Ruth Jones,
Shirley Bassey and Bonnie Tyler weren't sent for.
Mind you, calling-up two Scots and four Welshmen
didn't half get up Eddie Jones's nose – and, anyone who can do that
cannot be all bad. I don't think the Fleet Street Irregulars with the
Lions will be too-happy at the white-shirted master race being
over-looked.
THE EVENTS of a
very good rugby weekend howevr came right at the very end. I was
watching the Argentine v Engln test when, not once, but twice –
MIKE BROWN PASSED – jings, crivvens, held ma
Boab, I never thought I would be able to write that phrase down.
Amazing.
Mike Brown - he can pass!!!
Actually, the
two England games in Suth America were very entertaining.
FINALLY, Yippee Kai Hay - well done to Big John Dalziel and his Scotland Under-20s, who have finished in fifth spot at the World Under-20 Championships in Georgia.
What a fantastic result for a callow bunch who were given very little chance when they set off, but, they dug-in and finished in style, beating the Australians to complete a double for Scotland against the Wallabies in a single weekend.
I have seen a few of these boys in action in the BT Premiership this season, and, there is definite star quality in that squad. Darcy Graham, I believe, is something very special, but, there are others in the successful squad, not even household names in their own households, who could, with a bit of luck, become legends in years to come.
This really is a very special time for Scottish rugby. Let's hope we can build on the current feel-good factor and really see the game up here flourish.
FINALLY, Yippee Kai Hay - well done to Big John Dalziel and his Scotland Under-20s, who have finished in fifth spot at the World Under-20 Championships in Georgia.
Big John Dalziel
What a fantastic result for a callow bunch who were given very little chance when they set off, but, they dug-in and finished in style, beating the Australians to complete a double for Scotland against the Wallabies in a single weekend.
I have seen a few of these boys in action in the BT Premiership this season, and, there is definite star quality in that squad. Darcy Graham, I believe, is something very special, but, there are others in the successful squad, not even household names in their own households, who could, with a bit of luck, become legends in years to come.
Darcy Graham, special, but not the only good kid in the Under-20s
This really is a very special time for Scottish rugby. Let's hope we can build on the current feel-good factor and really see the game up here flourish.




No comments:
Post a Comment