Aristotle Armstrong

Aristotle Armstrong
The thrawn, alternative voice of Scottish Rugby

Tuesday, 14 January 2014

Scotland - Where's That? Is The Fleet Street View

IT'S been a tough week for the poor unfortunates charged with, as the industry saying goes: "putting a kilt" on the London papers' coverage of the weekend Heineken Cup games.
 
Edinburgh beating Perpignan and Glasgow doing the double over Exeter doesn't fit-in with the Fleet Street authorised version: verily English clubs rule, while the French come next - the Scots are merely in there to make up the numbers.
 
So, well done our two professional sides. It is, alas, maybe too-late for both to take the consolation prize of an Amlin Cup quarter-final slot, but, we live in hope of Edinburgh at least qualifying - it will take some terrific shocks for Glasgow to recover from their two losses to Cardiff to slip in, I fear.
 
I had to laugh, however, at the way the London media managed to pick a team of the week without a single Scot, but, hey, that's life.
 
 
 
I WAS at Old Anniesland on Saturday for the Hawks v GHA West Cup final, which was won by the Premiership side. It was a really good match, with little between the teams, before Premiership nous carried the day, but, not before Heffin O'Hare and Andy Henderson had turned back the years to inspire GHA.
 
There is more to rugby in Glasgow than the Warriors - Evening Times please note.
 
 
 
THE 6 Nations squad will be released this week, which should be interesting. I am not without hope going into this season's tournament, but will reserve my forecasts until I see the strength of the relative squads.
 
The Club XV squad was announced yesterday, and I am still scratching my head to work-out what Ayr's Robbie Fergusson has to do to get a mention. He is a class act.

No comments:

Post a Comment